Professor Heaven Crawley
UN University’s Centre for Policy Research (UNU-CPR)
Heaven Crawley is Head of Equitable Development and Migration and the UN University’s Centre for Policy Research (UNU-CPR). She is also Director of the UKRI GCRF South-South Migration, Inequality and Development Hub (MIDEQ). The Hub is a global, interdisciplinary research consortium which aims to transform the ways in which South-South migration is understood and represented, opening up spaces for new political and policy approaches to ensure that migration contributes to, rather than undermines, processes of global and human development.
Areas of interestSouth-South migration; inequality; refugee protection; gender; migrant journeys; migrant decision-making; politics; policy making; knowledge production; decolonisation
- “The politics of protection in a (post) COVID-19 world”, Social Sciences (2021)
- “Beyond here and there: (re)conceptualising migrant journeys and the ‘in-between”, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies (2020)
- “Common Agenda or Europe’s agenda? International protection, human rights and migration from the Horn of Africa”, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies (2018)
- Unravelling Europe’s Migration Crisis’: Journeys Over Land and Sea, (Bristol: Policy Press 2018).
- “Refugee, migrant, neither, both: categorical fetishism and the politics of bounding in Europe’s ‘migration crisis’”, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies 44(1) (2017), 48-64